Monday, June 07, 2010

Proverbs 10:22

"The blessings of the Lord bring wealth,
and he adds no trouble to it."

Wow what a concept. Over the past couple of weeks I've been reading Proverbs and trying to memorize them. The memorizing isn't going so well, but I'm learning some amazing truths through this. 1) "wealth" is something so much greater than money. 2) I should strive daily to not be a "fool".

But let's go back to Proverbs 10:22. The blessings of the Lord ARE wealth. In my first pass at this I thought, "of course he doesn't add trouble to it." But then I began to think about it. The amazing thing is that he gives with no strings attached. He blesses me daily no matter what. I woke up this morning in an air-conditioned house with a loving family and a beautiful day. That is only the miniscule beginning of the blessings/wealth from God. Sure he would like a response of gratitude, but guess what, he is going to bless me weather I deserve it or not.

There are people around me who woke up in the same blessings I did, but they don't realize these are blessings from the Lord. They don't have gratitude for these things, so they don't get the benefit of appreciation for God's wealth. I love that I can wake each morning and thank God for his rich blessings in my life and know that he has given these things to me. A two year old is not going to be grateful for a gift because they don't get the concept. But a four year old has gained an understanding of what it means to receive a gift and they appreciate it so much more.

Praise God from whom ALL blessing flow. I have nothing that didn't come from You, oh Lord. Thank you for the understanding of Your Word.

No comments: