As I lay there I began to think through the day and the week that had passed. I thought about the book I finished the day before and what it meant to have a story (Donald Miller A Million Miles in a Thousand Years). I thought about the title and still didn't know why he chose that title, but I "got" the book. I got it in the way I want to apply it to my life and I want Drew to read it and get it so we can talk about out story and what it should be.
In those moments of peace and thought, God began to speak to me. He began to show me the story we started over 3 years ago when we bought this house. We toiled and bled through the months and the birth of our son so we could start a place for God to bring people. Over those 3+ years I lost the passion for KNOWING God had a purpose for all we have suffered through. He began to stir in me the excitement for creating a sanctuary for our family and our friends and for people who need this place to find a renewal and a safe escape into the peace of God.
Our home is far from finished. We will always be working on this place, but the same goes for us and the work God is doing in us. God is calling on us to continue our story and open our home. He will continue to bless us with things like free dirt and rocks, cheap filters and pumps, wardrobes and dressers, and people to do work. Our part is to be open and create a place where people feel God's peace flow.
I shall rise each morning and pray for peace in our house and pray for God to bless our finances and our home. He will supply what we need and be our guide.
Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of a home and the warmth of family. Please bless this home and all who enter it. Praise you, Lord, for your steadfast spirit even when I get anxious and impatient.
1 comment:
We had that on a sign above the door of our cabin, "Bless this home and all who enter here." We are thinking about building a new house and your blog was very inspirational. We used to have people at our house all the time, but it seems this house has gotten too small. I have high hopes that our new house will offer the same kind of retreat that yours does.
Post a Comment