Thursday, March 23, 2006

So Much to Say . . . Nothing at all

I'm in the process of making a career transition. Same company, same department, but what I will be doing is so much different that my old job. I've been working at an administrative assistant. I'll be doing internal communications. When I decided, in college, I would study Public Relations I had no idea what that really meant. I knew I'd be able to use my ability to influence people, but wasn't sure beyond that. I soon learned that the other girls studying PR were quite competitive. I never understood why. So, I removed myself from that world of battle and crossed the street to the English department. I enjoyed my new major and graduated with better knowledge of persuasive writing and literature then I would have in PR. So, through a long series of events, here I am. This isn't exactly the world of PR I expected, but it is quite interesting to be in communications.

I have so many ideas about what can be done in my new position, but am still trying to finish my old job. Daily I am taking on more new tasks, but am "chomping at the bit" to jump in head-long.

No comments: