Yesterday was my dear sweet father's by-pass. It was truly a long day. He came out of it fine. I can certainly tell you he looks better now then he did during/after all that chemotherapy he had 15 years ago.
I am quite proud of my dad. He seemed pretty calm about the whole thing until the hours just before they wheeled him away.
10:30 they put the pretty blue hair net on him and took him for prep.
12:15 they took him into surgery
4:30 the doctor came out and told us the surgery was a success. Praise God!
5:30 we went into his room (8 of us) and they gave us the run down on how he did and the recovery process
5:45 while we were in the room he opened his eyes. Mom leaned over and kissed him and talked to him. In all honesty, that was the first time I cried through the whole ordeal.
I leaned over to talk to him and he turned his eyes toward me (of course he could say anything our really move because he was hooked to a ventilator).
9:30 after dinner we returned to tell him goodnight. I said "We will be back to see you in the morning." He gave me a thumbs up. That was the second time that day I cried. Praise God!
Day 2
6:15 am: we went back up to see dad. He was awake, but a bit nauseous. He remembered the night before. The nurse says he may not remember any of this later. We will see.
9:05 am: we took a flight back home. It was hard to leave, but we knew he was glad we were there and we knew there was not much more we could have done if we had stayed.
5:45 pm: Called Mom. Sounds like dad is doing good. We will keep praying for his quick recovery.
I am writing a journal of the events as well as memories from childhood. I plan to enter more this week and send it to my dad, so he had it when he gets home end of the week. Maybe once it is there my brother and sisters can do the same when they are home.
Praise God for my dad. Praise Him for the surgeons that know what they are doing. Praise Him for life!
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment